Hola Perfesteemers! Here’s another article to help you with something you need help with. This time it’s An HIIT or High-Intensity Interval Training. In this ‘Perfesteem: HIIT Workout at Home’ we will discuss a High-intensity workout routine which will help you burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. It will also help you to improve your Stamina and Endurance and will make your body Lean and Strong.
HIIT or High-Intensity Interval Training is one of the best workout routines for Losing Fat and improving Stamina and Endurance. An HIIT is a High Intensity, short-duration workout (Generally 15-20 minutes) which burns a lot of calories as compared to any other Bodyweight Workout.
The main focus of this type of workout routine is to perform all the exercises in the least amount of time possible and a good form. You will know that you are doing it right if you find yourself breathless throughout the workout.
Key Features to Remember-
- Perform every exercise as fast or in the least time possible.
- DO NOT compromise with the Form – Make sure to maintain a good form and push yourself.
- Complete the Whole Workout no matter how dizzy/tired you get.
- Modify the reps and sets according to your level/capacity.
- This workout routine does not involve a warm-up. If you have a particular warm-up routine, Great! But if you don’t and you need help with that too, check out our Warm Up For A Workout and implement it if you like.
- Performing the movements as fast as you can is one of the features of HIIT but DO NOT let it affect your form. If you think that your form is getting sloppy due to the speed, feel free to increase the rest time between sets/reps, just keep in mind –
COMPLETE THE WHOLE WORKOUT WITH A GOOD FORM.
DO NOT compare yourself with anyone else ultimately choosing the number and intensity of reps/sets which will leave you exhausted during the very First Set. Everyone has their own limits and capacity and you should slowly push your limits. So, choose the frequency and number of sets wisely so that you can COMPLETE the whole workout and be satisfied with yourself.
Following is the structure of this ‘Perfesteem: HIIT Workout at Home‘.
This Routine consists of –
- 5 Exercises
- 4 Sets
- Variable Reps
- Rest time between Reps – 10 seconds
- Rest time between sets – 30-40 seconds
The Rep distribution (wherever not specified) is as follows-
- Set 1 (Warm-up set) – 10 reps of every exercise
- Set 2 (Start-up set) – 20 reps of every exercise
- Set 3 (Peak set) – 20-30 reps of each exercise
- Set 4 (Cool-Down set) – 10 reps of every exercise
Warm up/Cool Down –
NOT INCLUDED (For Warm up – Link)
Equipment Needed –
Difficulty Level –
Intermediate – Advanced
30 Minutes Max.
All the directions you need to follow to go about this
‘Perfesteem: HIIT Workout at Home’
Main Workout –
- Running (Fast) on the spot for 30 seconds – This will get your Heart rate higher and will help to prepare your body for what’s coming.
- Jumping Jacks – Reps as described above (increase or decrease them according to your capacity/capability). This will make you a bit ‘breathless’ and sweaty and will help in losing calories.
- Squat Jumps – Reps as mentioned above (increase or decrease them according to your capacity/capability). These will help you train the lower body and burn calories simultaneously.
- Push-ups – These will help you train your upper body and burn calories. Push-ups are one of the best upper body exercises targeting your Back, Chest, Arms, Abs, and shoulders when done with variations.
- Burpees – The most killer exercise in the whole routine. This exercise is one of the Best bodyweight exercises there is. It helps you to target your whole body while burning calories at the same time. It ultimately helps you to Lose weight and Tone up your muscles simultaneously.
Pre and Post Workout Tips-
- Drink Water– As I have mentioned a lot of times that Drinking Water is very very important. With endless benefits to your body in endless ways, you DO NOT want to skip this tip.
- Pre Workout – Drink Black Coffee or a Pre-workout drink to increase focus and overall performance.
- Warm-up – READ – Warm Up For A Workout
- Post Workout – Consume your post-workout drink (if you have one), 15 minutes after the workout, and the post-workout meal about 45 mins after the work. The Sooner, the Better.
- Sleep – Rest is as important as the work and it will help your body to recover from the exhaustion and pain much faster. So, take enough sleep for your body to recover during the initial period (of your fitness journey). Once you are in this journey for quite a long time, you will be able to adjust your sleep patterns and time according to you but initially, GET ENOUGH SLEEP.
Step by Step Guide of Doing Every Exercise Mentioned
Here is the steps you need to know for performing this
‘Perfesteem: HIIT Workout at Home’
Running (On the spot)
This one is very easy and common. I don’t think you guys want me to tell you ‘How to Run (on the spot)’. Duh.
- Just keep in mind to maintain a perfect form and not completing the movement just for the ‘sake of completing it’. Get the most out of every set and do it with a perfect form.
- Start slow and make your way up to your maximum point.
- DO NOT slow down before the time is up. Push Yourself.
I am sure you guys know how to do Jumping Jacks but I’ll list the steps below just for the sake of it.
- Start by standing upright with your legs together and your arms on your sides.
- Bend your knees slightly and jump into the air.
- As you jump, spread your arms out and over your head and At the same time, spread your legs so that they are shoulder-width apart.
- Jump back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement smoothly and uniformly.
As the name suggests, ‘Squat Jumps’ are a variation of the famous, Body Weight Squats which includes jumping on the way up while doing squats. This is a great exercise to increase and test Explosive Strength and helps in increasing Endurance as well.
- Start by standing straight keeping your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Perform a normal Squat by Bending your knees, keeping your back straight and pushing the hips away from the body.
- Cross your arms such that the palms touch the opposite shoulder or keep your arms straight in front of you for balance.
- On your way up, jump as high as you can throw your arms in the air above your head (if you keep them in front of you on your way down).
- Repeat this movement uniformly and smoothly according to your preferred number of reps.
One of the most popular upper body exercises, the Push Ups is a great pick for your HIIT. It will help you to strengthen the upper body along with increasing your stamina and endurance at the same time. I hope you know the steps but I’ll list them in case you don’t.
- Lie down straight on your stomach.
- Get into a plank position but keeping your palms shoulder-width apart and straighten up your arm.
- Keep your body straight.
- Slowly bring your chest close to the ground by bending your elbows and keeping your body straight.
- Hold the position for a second when your chest is just above the ground.
- Return to the initial position and repeat the movement smoothly and uniformly.
One of the Best BodyWeight exercises which helps you burn calories, lose weight, tone up your muscles, build endurance, and stamina. This is a must and will help you with your fitness journey a lot.
How to do a Burpee with correct form
- Start in a squat position with your knees bent, back straight, and your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your hands to the floor in front of you so they’re just inside your feet.
- With your weight on your hands, kick your feet back so you’re on your hands and toes, and in a pushup position.
- Keeping your body straight from head to heels, do one pushup. Remember not to let your back sag or to stick your butt in the air.
- Do a frog kick by jumping your feet back to their starting position.
- Stand and reach your arms over your head.
- Jump quickly into the air so you land back where you started.
- As soon as you land with knees bent, get into a squat position, and do another repetition.
(The steps are medically approved and are taken from Healthline’s –
That’s it for today’s ‘Perfesteem: HIIT Workout at Home‘. An HIIT is a great routine that you can and you should include in your daily fitness routines to get great results. All the related articles that might help you in implementing this routine are linked below.
Perfesteem: HIIT Workout at Home
Nothing more to say today. Just stay happy, keep going and remember
YOU GOT THIS.